Project manager – forecasting in the renewable energy industry
Are you a skilled project manager? And would you like to work in a dynamic international team of specialists who constantly strives to create the best forecasts in the business? Then come join us in this position as technical project manager alongside wind engineers, technical software developers, data scientists, and meteorologists.
In ConWx, we are servicing clients all over the world within the renewable energy industry with our energy production forecasts and weather forecasts. We are experiencing growth and reaching out to new markets. You will be joining a busy organization. While the deadlines might sometimes be tight, you can always count on help from your colleagues as there is a high degree of team spirit in the company.
We are constantly working on improving our software and algorithms to stay ahead in the competition. We work closely together with our clients, and innovation and improvements are often done in a collaboration with them. Our forecasting systems are based on in-house developed algorithms and extensive data from weather models, some of which are running in-house. We use domain knowledge, machine learning and a pragmatic approach when building our forecasting systems.
We deliver forecasts 24/7 to our clients, and we rely on stable software and colleagues who are willing to step in and provide a helping hand on urgent issues. The ConWx team is a mix of young and experienced colleagues.
For this position, we are looking for a candidate with years of hands-on experience of both programming and project management of technical software projects. We would also very much welcome, if you have experience in working close to clients with mission critical software in an operational environment.
- As project manager you will co-operate with engineers, data scientist, and the sales team internally
- You will be working with our clients aligning technical details
- You will be doing hands-on tasks (programming and analyzing forecasts and data) as well as technical project management and ensuring client deliveries of high quality
- You will join a team with operational responsibilities, which means taking an active part in maintenance tasks
We are looking for a candidate with qualifications that fits the expectations below:
- Master’s degree i engineering or natural sciences
- Solid technical foundation, build on years of experience in programming technical software, analyzing data using python or a similar language, and perhaps also experience in numerical modelling
- Project management experience and experience in delivering technical solutions to clients
- You might have experience from a small company, but most importantly, you thrive in an environment with a variety of tasks, and where you now and then need to change focus based on client input
- You are motivated by team work, you have a pragmatic approach and a can-do attitude
We welcome candidates who have experience from the energy sector, or who see this as an opportunity to starting working in the sector. We offer an exciting position in a team that it diverse regarding both nationality and gender.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com – you are also welcome to send questions about the position to this email.