– forecasting in the renewable energy industry
Are you a skilled data scientist? And would you like to work in a dynamic international team of specialists who constantly strive to create the best forecasts in the business? Then come join us in this position as data scientist alongside wind engineers, technical software developers, data scientists, and meteorologists.
In ConWX, we are servicing clients all over the world within the renewable energy industry with our energy production and weather forecasts. We are experiencing growth and reaching out to new markets. You will be joining a busy organization. While the deadlines might sometimes be tight, you can always count on help from your colleagues, as there is a high degree of team spirit in the company.
We are constantly working on improving our software and algorithms to stay ahead of the competition. We work closely together with our clients, and innovation and improvements are often done in a collaboration with them. Our forecasting systems are based on in-house developed algorithms and extensive data from weather models, some of which are running in-house. We use domain knowledge, machine learning and a pragmatic approach when building our forecasting systems.
We deliver forecasts 24/7 to our clients, and we rely on stable software and colleagues, who are willing to step in and provide a helping hand on urgent issues. The ConWX team is a mix of young and experienced colleagues.
For this position, we are looking for a candidate with hands-on experience of both programming and ideally project management of technical software projects.
- As data scientist you will co-operate with engineers, data scientists, and the sales team internally
- You will be working with our clients aligning technical details and expectations
- You will work on R&D projects
We are looking for a candidate with the following technical qualifications:
- Master’s degree in data science, engineering, or computer science
- Experience with applying Machine learning techniques on time series data
- Good programming skills in Python, and to a lesser extent of C#
- Knowledge of Cloud environments (AWS and/or Azure)
- Knowledge of technologies like Docker, Spark, Databricks and Experience with Devops practices is a plus
As a person, you are motivated by teamwork, you have a pragmatic and positive approach and a can-do attitude.
We welcome candidates who have worked in or with the energy sector, but this is not a requirement. We offer an exciting position in a team that is diverse regarding both nationality and gender.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com – you are also welcome to send us your questions about the position to this email.